Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I asked you about how many pounds does it take to compress

Customer Question

Hi Eric, I asked you about how many pounds does it take to compress the valve spring on Nissan Altima, and you gave me a complete spec sheet. I wanted to know where i can get that type of detailed information. Because I have 3 more questionsFirst. How long does it take for the exhaust spring to close on its own
Second . What are the degrees on the exhaust cam
Third. What time will the exhaust be open if say the engine will turn at one rpm
Any Input Will Help
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Both intake and exhaust springs take 34-39 ft lbs to crush them from free height to 1.390 inches tall.

First, the springs should close the valve immediate holding the lifter tight to the cam. You would have to be above redline engine speed to float the valves.

Second, Nissan does not give a degree measurement on the cams.

Third, Nissan does not give a duration spec.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I asked to request Eric, who answered my previous question, why are you answering my question. Eric said that exhaust spring on altima 09 takes between 71 and 82 lbs to compress

25 Jan 2016, 6:08 AM When you asked your question

25 Jan 2016, 10:25 PM When I answered

You waited 16 hours for a response and Eric was online. So it appears he did not want to respond. Plus we get in trouble when customers wait excessive. If you would like me to upload the specification sheet I can do so after you rate my response then reply.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off. I am also sending an offer allowing me to upload diagrams or repair guides if that helps.

Thanks Chris