Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I have a Murano cabriolet. Whenever I have to jump my car,

Customer Question

I have a Murano cabriolet. Whenever I have to jump my car, the warning for the convertible top and it won't stop. I also cannot get into the trunk by any means
Thnx
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

If for any reason the battery gets low, the low voltage makes the top loose it's memory.

Try this. Disconnect the negative battery cable for 15 mins. Then connect it and try to operate the top all the way open and all the way closed with the vehicle running and let me know if that resolves your issue.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thanx. We are trying.
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

You got it. The disconnecting the negative battery cable is known as a hard reset. When the top stops operating, I try this and I can sometimes regain top operation. If this does not work, then you will need to go to the dealer to have them operate the top with the scanner. These convertible tops do not have much room for error. If there is a problem with the top, 90% of the time you need a scanner since it has it's own control unit and so many moving parts.

But hopefully the hard reset will allow you to operate the roof so you won't need to go to the dealer.

So keep me posted on how you are making out...

Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

Checking in to see how you are making out?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No luck. Local mechanics fixed twice before
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

What do you mean local mechanic fixed it twice? How many miles are on the car?

What did he fix?