peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

To an Nissan Dealership technician. working on a 2010

Customer Question

to an Nissan Dealership technician. working on a 2010 Frontier 4cyl with 100k well maintained. had what sounded like a fan clutch noise (nothing terrible) replaced water pump and clutch and noise went away. 2 days later came back with broken new factory water pump and engine cranks like it has a broken timing chain. Am i missing something here, or is there a common issue with these? I will dive deeper into it, but just wanted to know if there is something common on these? thanks
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I do not see any related bulletins or common issues on this here or have seen any myself.Most likely the timing chain or one of the timing components was already on its way to fail when you replaced the water pump and fan clutch and these repairs didnt cause this fault here.I would have the timing components inspected for any damage and any damaged components replaced.The cylinder head valves may need checked to make sure no valves are bent as well needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete