Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

I have a 2000 pathfinder I changed the fuel pump now its not

Customer Question

Customer: hey roy I have a 2000 pathfinder I changed the fuel pump now its not firing thur the spark plugs
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: truck was running fine thought it was running out of gas but it was the fuel pump I replaced it now I'm not getting no fire to my plugs I tested the power wire going to the dist. and its hot
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Nissan Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 10 months ago.

Hi there,

Do you know if there are any codes stored in the computer?

Also, when cranking is the security light on solid or flashing?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Neither its off
Expert:  Mike V. replied 10 months ago.

Ok

First thing I would suggest is pulling the distributor cap and making sure the rotor is turning when you crank the engine. If it's not turning then that indicates the timing belt may either be broken or missing some teeth down at the crank.

If the rotor is turning, then it's quite possible the issue is with the distributor itself. It wouldn't be uncommon and it would feel like the truck was running out of gas.

Please check these items and let me know.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The timing has not changed , rotor button is turning .motor turning over fine just not getting no fire
Expert:  Mike V. replied 10 months ago.

Ok,

If that is the case and you have power going into the distributor and nothing coming out, the truck needs a new distributor.