Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair
7276279

1995 Nissan pickup xe 2,4 cyl kz motor I replaced the mass

Customer Question

1995 Nissan pickup xe 2,4 cyl kz motor I replaced the mass air flow sensor it will start and idle but when you try to accel it acts like it is starving for fuel and shut down and then you can smell the raw gas that it did not burn
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would start with making sure you have proper fuel pressure. Normal fuel pressure should be right at 34 PSI. If the fuel pressure checks okay are you able to scan the computer system and see if there are any fault codes setting and if so can you post back with them. Let me know and we can work from there .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have an OBD 1 scanner
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Your 1995 Is not an OBD system.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I always thought it was. How do you get the codes then
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

You will need to hook up a Nissan compatible scan tool by hooking it to the data link connector located Below LH Side Of I/P, At Kick Panel.