Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I have a 2002 Nissan Frontier that I recently replaced the

Customer Question

Hey Mike, I have a 2002 Nissan Frontier that I recently replaced the thermostat on. And am still having overheating issues. at idle the truck will heat up and the coolant will fill the overflow tank. I let the truck cool off and check the fluid in the radiator which is always low. I fill it and the same thing repeats
Category: Nissan
Expert:  piciu82 replied 10 months ago.

hi, how r you, you might have blow cylinder head gasket, you can buy a block tester kit in automotive parts store and test it yourself to confirm. its a blue liquid and special glass vile that goes in radiator fill neck, fluid changes color to yellow if exhaust gases are present in cooling system

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Already done none present
Expert:  piciu82 replied 10 months ago.

ok, did radiator fan clutch is good ? does it overheat while driving, or while idling ?