Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I bought new tires rear ONLY on a 2000 Altima in dec of 15.

Customer Question

I bought new tires for the rear ONLY on a 2000 Altima in dec of 15. they are now completely bald on the inside. Need help for troubleshooting.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Hey there.

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Has the car been lowered?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** tires are bald already its because of either the TOW being off or the camber is too negative or too positive.

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Since the tires are wearing on the inside

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

This tells us that the tires are either towing out or have too much inward camber (negative)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just had a 4 wheel alignment done on this Tuesday. he said it was off by more than a inch. I just don't understand how a alignment would make a tire go bald in 30 days
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

If the alignment is off bad it will literally EAT THE TIRES alive going down the road.

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

because the toe of the tire is against the momentum of the vehicle. LIke continuously taking a high speed sharp turn continuously

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

A bad alignment can chew up tires so bad it will leave a black residue on the bumper or sideskirt behind the tire. Which is like a fine rubbery dust

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should assume the problem is corrected with the 4 wheel alignment I had done this week and just get new tires
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

yes, it will fix your issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome, If you need anything else just let me know.

If not please be sure to leave a kind rating so the site credits me for my time.