Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Technician
36867192

My rev counter is going crazy, and is clearly not working.

Customer Question

Hi there,
My rev counter is going crazy, and is clearly not working. When car is off it sits on the complete opposite side of 0. It also keeps wobbling between 4 and 6 rpm when drivibg. My temp. gage sits on cold as well. Its only just started happening also. Would you have any idea what is wrong with my car?
It's a nissan bluebird legrand 1996
Please tell me if won't cost a fortune to fix, I'm a broke Uni Student ... Lol
Thanks in advance :)
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

Most likely there is an internal failure in the instrument cluster, least expensive way to fix would be to purchase used cluster from salvage yard. Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not Please ASK me another question, I will continue to answer your questions, even after rating is given until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it an urgent requirement to fix? Or do you reckon it would be fine for a few more weeks?

These types of malfunctions have the potential to start a fire, so you should have it repaired as soon as possible, Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not Please ASK me another question, I will continue to answer your questions, even after rating is given until you are completely satisfied with my answers.