Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I own a 2006 Nissan Maxima SE 4 door. I thought I locked the

Customer Question

Hello , I own a 2006 Nissan Maxima SE 4 door. I thought I locked the keys in my car but after getting the car door open by lock smith, I realized they were in the trunk. There is no key entry to open trunk, so locksmith could not help with that. I tried pushing the button in the glove compartment no then pulling lever on door and then off and pulling the lever to see if it would open. ( it did not) I tried pulling the lever on the door to open the trunk and it does not make the clicking sound or open the trunk like it did 1 hour earlier. I tried pulling down arm rest in the back seat to see if it have a lever (it did not) so what else can i do?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 10 months ago.

If you pressed the trunk lock in the glovebox then the electric release on the door is not going to work . It disables it.

Make sure the trunk RELEASE IS ON in the glove compartment then open the trunk with the release.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Jake as I stated in my above statement I tried pushing the button in the on position and then off position, follow by pulling lever on door. It did not work.
Expert:  Jake replied 10 months ago.

Are you sure you don't have a dead battery if your not getting any response from the latch with those methods? That sure is odd that the rear latch function ceased the minute you locked your keys in it.

There are not alot of other options here, there is a release inside the trunk but the seat releases on this year model are inside the trunk if I remember correctly. So this leaves you with the option of trying to fish out the keys between the seat seam or working the release that way.

Once your actually in the trunk you an use a volt meter and try to figure out if the latch is getting a request signal to see what part has failed, because there is NO reason it shouldn't release if the switch is ON.