Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

How to connect a Remote Start Switch to a frontier 2000? Do

Customer Question

Customer: how to connect a Remote Start Switch to a frontier 2000? Do you have any diagram?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The truck won't crank the motor.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Nissan Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: shure!
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Remote start is not a factory feature for your truck. So no one will have information on it cause it could be a number of different After Market Manufactures. Remote start was a first factory option in the 2013 Altima. No model before this came with a factory remote start.

So what you will need to do is to take your vehicle to a remote start installer to have it figured out if you are having a problem with it.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If you want to disable the after market alarm that is linked to the remote start so the truck can be started, I can try to assist you on how you go about doing that so at least you can get it running.

Let me know..