Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

How do I unlock the third seat so it can fold intothe floor?

Customer Question

How do I unlock the third seat so it can fold intothe floor? The handle that is supposed to disengage the side lock brackets won't release them. The back folds with no problem but I can not get the seat to disengage. Is there a way to release the side brackets other than by usuing the handle at the bottom of the seat?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 10 months ago.

hi my name is ***** ***** i can help

to fold the seat full the black strap pull the seat back and pull the lever on the bottom of the seat and fold the seat down .

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have tried all that already, the handle does not release the clips or whatever is hooked onto the side brackets.

then the cable most be broken

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
that is what I figured as well but I need to know how to fix it. How do you get the panels off the seat so you can access the cable?

you need to unbolt and remove the seat from the car

then check the cable where they attach to the bottom of the seat latch .

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
There is no way to unbolt the third seat. It swivels on a pivot and attaches to the side brackets. or are you talking about unbolting the pivot ball?
Expert:  Jake replied 10 months ago.

The side hinges are what you unbolt to remove the seat. Then remove the assembly.