Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

I just changed fuel pump due to a p0463 code, I started

Customer Question

I just changed fuel pump due to a p0463 code, I started engine and pulled fuel relay fuse till it stalled to relieve gas pressure, now won't start after completing the fuel pump change, the gas gauge works, do I need to bleed air from the lines? And how?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 10 months ago.

Hi there. Thank you for posting your question.

You followed the fuel release procedure correctly. If everything was re-installed correctly, there should be fuel pressure at the rail - no bleeding is necessary. Possible causes could be no power going through the fuse and bad fuel pump not putting out about 55 psi.

In trying to fix DT P0463, did you replace just the fuel level sensor or the entire module that includes the fuel pump and pressure regualtor as well?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I changed the entire module
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I changed the fuel pump and fuel sensor all as one unit

Is there more than 50 psi fuel pressure now? If not, have you checked power to the pump?