Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

2006 infiniti m35x leaking oil drivers side towards front

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. 2006 infiniti m35x leaking oil drivers side towards front maybe near dipstick location. Can not locate and it is a fair amount of oil especially when I put engine under load (15 minutes highway) then check it again.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Had oil change three days ago. But no leaks on filter or plug. Hits manifold heat sheild and smokes. Runs dowm drivers side exhaust. Pretty soaked under carraige driver side only. 1/2 quart loss over 70 miles.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Nissan Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

There is a oil cooler o-ring behind the oil filter. This o-ring through time can leak and that would be up front like you are explaining.

This o-ring is around 22 bucks, and is normally done with 1 hour labor and a oil change.

Other than that, I do know this also, the dipstick goes into the cylinder head. If the rubber seal on the dipstick has any parts missing it can leak oil out of the dipstick tube which is really the cylinder head.

The last is the valve cover. These 3 things are the only things I would say are the most common for oil leaks.

Do you have any more questions on this?