Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Is it possible to DIY program a new Sorry, I'm ***** *****

Customer Question

Customer: is it possible to DIY program a new Sorry , I'm ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: trying to figure if able to program new chip key for dtrs Altima, 2005
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Nissan Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes sure thing ,
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: I've got two new remotes (which I've found program instructions for) and two chipped key blanks
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Chip Keys can only be programmed with a scanner. Mobile Locksmiths can sometimes program keys for you, Mobile Techs, and of course the dealer. It would be easier to just have a Mobile Locksmith come to you to program the keys.

Do you have any more questions on this?