Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Trying to replace fuel pump inside the fuel pump module of a

Customer Question

Customer: trying to replace fuel pump inside the fuel pump module of a 2003 sentra
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the fuel pump module is out but don't know how to remove the pump from the lower chamber
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Nissan Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yep
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Most of the time the issue is not the fuel pump but the fuel pressure regulator. There was a bulletin on this which shows how to take the pump apart to replace this..

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/Sentra%20Fuel%20pump%20repair%20kit%20Bulletin.pdf

That link is a copy of the bulletin with the part number of the repair kit also.

This bulletin shows how it comes apart.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!