Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

My 2012 Nissan juke I have had than a year overheated to 285

Customer Question

My 2012 Nissan juke I have had for less than a year overheated to 285 degrees because a repair shop that replaced the radiator failed to connect a hose properly. USAA recommended the repair shop so they are trying to figure out compensation. What should I demand. The dealer is recommending a new engine. The repair shop went to the dealer and looked at my car without me knowing. Please help need advice
Category: Nissan
Expert:  internal88 replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm Brandon - Nissan tech.

The engine alone is $5800 and the labor rate is 14.5 hours.

You are looking at $7000-7500 bill for the replacement of the engine.

Please rate me positive thank you!

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

If a repair shop failed to connect a coolant hose properly after having a radiator replaced and that is the cause of the engine to have over heated and failed, that repair shop is responsible for the cause of failure and should be liable to take care of the engine damage for you at no charge. That is what they have insurance for. If needed, contacting a lawyer if the shop gives you a hard time is recommended. They were at fault and was the cause of the engine failure. So they should be held responsible.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!