peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

My 2006 nissan senta will not turn over the lights on dash

Customer Question

my 2006 nissan senta will not turn over the lights on dash will go off when i mash brakes put in new dattery the same headlight want come on just clits once want turn over like the batterys dead can it be the alternator
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If this fault is even occuring after the battery was replaced with a good charged battery this wouldnt be the alternator itself at fault.This does sound like a loss of voltage issue here and may be caused by an issue with a loose or corroded or even damaged battery cable leading from the battery itself.If you can trace the cables from the battery to where they run and connect to and see if any damage is found or any loose connections or corrosion is found needing repaired.If a fault is found correct it and see if this resolves the issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete