Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

2007 Nissan Altima blowing both hot closer to center console

Customer Question

2007 Nissan Altima blowing both hot closer to center console and cold air closer to passengers door. Tried your recalibration suggestion and didn't change anything. Any other suggestions?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This may be due to a fault with an actuator on the heater box itself.I have seen temp actuators fail in allot of similar cases before needing replaced to correct an issue like this here.If this was not tested/checked to see if a temp actuator is the cause here this needs done.If a fault is found with a temp actuator it will need replaced and in some cases calibrated again after it is replaced.If you need info on where the temp actuators are let me know and I can send the service requested.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please help me how to diagnose the temp actuator.Thanks

Do you hear any clicking or ticking noises in the dash area at all when trying to adjust the temperature?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No. Although when I did the recalibration there was ticking

O.k.,after looking through my info on this model here I don't see a procedure on how to test this actuator myself.I will have to open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this as someone else may have more info on what to test or do for this here.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Jake replied 11 months ago.

new Expert here, is this a climate control system? or manual system?

if you change temp settings rapidly from hot to cold do you get a clicking noise under the dash?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This a climate control system. No clicking noises when changing from hot to cold
Expert:  Jake replied 11 months ago.

sounds like you may have an issue with the air mix door on the passengers side.

Remove the glove box and foot duct and you can see the air mix actuator mounted to the unit. If you remove the actuator you can operate the temperature and see if its moving. If not then it needs replaced.

Expert:  Jake replied 11 months ago.

the only other option really here if the air mix door for the side was working normally and you had different temperatures, would be a fault with the air control for the passengers side.