rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 1999 nissan frontier was running fine. It went

Customer Question

I have a 1999 nissan frontier was running fine. It went dead. Had a knock sensor code it is firing, it has fuel presure. I checked timing belt it is good. I'm thinking crack position sensor.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Is there spark at the plug? If not, then it's possible that it has a bad CRANK sensor. Did you use a gauge to test the fuel pressure? It's the only accurate way.

Thanks, Ron