Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

My nissan mistral only changes up to second gear and not

Customer Question

Customer: My nissan mistral only changes up to second gear and not third. I was told this could be the ecu. looking at this pick could have meant ecm or even tcm? what do you reckon?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: One day it was all working fine then on the open road after slowing down for something as my son accelerated again it would only change up to second and no more. runs fine otherwise.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Nissan Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: so if I don't get a definite answer it doesn't cost?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

Do you have a service engine soon light on when the engine is running?

Also what year is the car and how many miles are on it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there is no service light. It's a Nissan mistral 1994. 245,000 kms
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Because of the year of this car, there is not that much electronics in the transmission to say it is a electrical issue. This issue is normally due to a stuck valve in the valve body or something internally has failed causing this shofting issue. A transmission pressure test would need to be done to determine what direction of repair is required to resolve your problem.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you are satisfied with my help please Rate me. I hope that I have provided you with excellent service.

Thanks Jay