Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Jay I have nissan sentra 2013. I have recently connected

Customer Question

Customer: hello Jay I have nissan sentra 2013. I have recently connected Verizon Hum - and for some time, since Dec 29th, connected it. the hum showed yellow alert i got my neighbor to start it for me... for 30minutes. it was run for 30 minutes day before yesterday. it is again showing Yellow alert. Yellow alert = > 11.8v but less than 12.0 volt
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: details about. ? model or battery volt or time line !?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Nissan Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok - in that case, the question i have is very specific - "What model of jump starter, should I buy from amazon.com, that I can use as jump start my vehicle Nissan Sentra 2013. Something with ability to jumpstart vehicles standing for 30+ cold days" and yes, I will be happy to pay $20 for this.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you have a link on what this Verizon Hum is so I can look to see how it's installed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its installed on the OBD port. IT draws a very low standby voltage in miliamps.https://www.hum.com/
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Ok.. The Yellow alert is on this Hum? Is that correct? No warning lights on your dash?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

How many miles do you have on your car?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not at my home - I am out of country. So do not know the status.The last it was driven was on Dec 29th.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

When will you be back in the country?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By Jan 26th.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If you like I can keep this question open till then. This way you and look at the car and I can help you properly.

Would that be ok with you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it will be thank you. In the meanwhile, I would like to order a jump starter from amazon, delivered to my place - so that when I reach home AND IF the battery is dead - I can jump start the same.Hence the specific question "What model of jump starter, should I buy from amazon.com, that I can use as jump start my vehicle Nissan Sentra 2013. Something with ability to jumpstart vehicles standing for 30+ cold days"
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Since it's a small car. This one would probably work best for you. If you feel the first 2 jump boxes are to big or to much money.

http://www.amazon.com/Jump-N-Carry-JNC300XL-Ultraportable-Starter-Light/dp/B000XQ9MGE/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1451876788&sr=8-14&keywords=Jump+box

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DO i need the compliant or the non-compliant - I am in Long Islands, New York
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

compliant or the non-compliant? Not sure I understand what you mean?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

I am in NJ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no - the second model you gave has two models - one claims compliant and the other non-compliant. Which one would I need ?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Oh Compliant.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
even tho, it asks for ca and oregon compliance laws
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Yeah.. Compliant is fine..

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

I am sure the one I have is the compliant. I can double check if you want if you would like to get the same one I have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pls, wud like wat u hv.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Mine is Compliant. But actually, this may be a better model than mine. I have only 800 peak amps.. Let me look to see if they make mine still

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hold on, I took a picture of mine.. Downloading it to show you if you like.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/20160103_222054.jpg

This is my model. 800 Peak amps. The newer version of mine now has 900 Peak Amps

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
gud, then i will order the new model. thnks
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome. Talk to you when you get back.