Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

The car doesn't accelerate but slowly and gradually

Customer Question

Customer: The car doesn't accelerate but slowly and gradually accelerates and then engages and kicks in. Has anybody had this p;problem. I have a 2006 Murano.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The trouble code is 0746. We have discussed possibly a pressure control valve.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Nissan Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes!
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

so,the engine runs well,,,it is the transmission acting up?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What does that mean?

the code you are giving me is a transmission code..

does the engine itself seem to run well?

did you ever have any trouble with the radiator?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The engine runs well; it's just that when driving and you come to a stop at a light or stop sign, while pressing the accelerator to go, the car engages very slowly and then takes off very quickly.

ok,,so,the transmission isnt engaging correctly,,right?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no radiator problems

ok,,

i would think this is the pressure control solenoid problem

stand by

tell me,does the speedometer work?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
speedometer works

ok.

what happens to allot of these nissan transmissions is that the radiator gos bad and lets water into the transmission,thus ruins the tcm[transmission control module] that is located on the valve body of the transmission.

even though,the radiator may not have done this on yours,i think your problem may be the tcm,the tcm isnt cheap,it may cost around $1000+/-

i want to give you some tests/checks

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2iypp1z33t5803o/DTC%200102-nissan-P0746%20PRESSURE%20CONTROL%20SOLENOID%20A%20PERFORMANCE.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/2iypp1z33t5803o/DTC%200102-nissan-P0746%20PRESSURE%20CONTROL%20SOLENOID%20A%20PERFORMANCE.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help