Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Ok I have a infinity 130 and excuse my language but I had

Customer Question

ok I have a infinity 130 and excuse my language but I had broke my dam key in the ignition so from there feel real stupid on what I did next imstead of taking the time to look this upp I just took a hammer and a chisel or something like that and broke the whole ignition out from were you would put the key into from there when I finaly got it out in put the screwdriver in there were the tumbler use to be and whast not and turned it over it worked but only for a little bit a few dahys down the road when I got in it and I go too startb it by using whaterver I could and it sparked andx sparked . so I stopped and the car stopped workimg when I baught a new complter ignition with two keys my headlights work brake lights are working but there is no idiot lights that work and the antitheft or security light just contuse to blink t
when I go to turn it over nothing there is no sound but a beep bbeep beep beep........ when I put my key in
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Hey there, considering the symptoms and the recent repairs you made I would start by checking the fuses at the interior fuse panel.

I would also check the wires at the electrical portion of the ignition switch to see if you pinched or damaged the start wire.

Lastly did you replace the electrical portion of the switch (inside the column on the back of the tumbler assembly) or just the mechanical portion that the key goes into.