Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

External 2006 will run 1/2hr to 1hr then die then start run

Customer Question

External 2006 will run for about 1/2hr to 1hr then die then start run 3 second at idle then die have change fuel pump
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

will it always run for about a half hour when cold?

please explain

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hace been trouble shooting for about 3 month it started they would drive for about 5 mile and it would quit so change fuel pump and it drove for about three day then back to running for about 30 minute and quit the start & idle unable to throttle up then die check codes and repaired the #2,bank exhaust sensor & catilatic converter same results

from the way you explain the problem and sense you dont get a code,i would think you may have a bad crank sensor,these crank sensors will do this with heat sometimes when they go bad and most times not give a code for it.

Parts InformationOEM Part #Price

Crankshaft Position Sensor

Crankshaft Position Sensor

23731EA20C$30.32

Labor InformationSkill LevelMfg. WarrantyStandard

Replace

B -0.5 - 0.6

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hz094iz6ai2d9ii/1230-nissan-Engine%20Control%20Component%20Parts%20Location.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/hz094iz6ai2d9ii/1230-nissan-Engine%20Control%20Component%20Parts%20Location.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
waiting on part from local Nissan dealership before i now results

ok

just let me know