Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I got this 2007 Nissan Versa Vin#3N1BC13EX7L395379 & it

I got this 2007 Nissan Versa Vin#3N1BC13EX7L395379 & it will crank and not start and security light is on. The key fob works its locks/Unlocks the doors & I could turn the switch with no problem. I scanned for codes & in the engine I got P1610, P1611 & P1614. I tried another ECM & same results

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

That is a indication of a key programming issue. When you changed the Ecm you have to program all the keys for the car also.

I would recommend you contact a Mobile Locksmith to come to you to program the keys to resolve your issue.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have an autel and I been able to program this model before. The first thing I tried was programming the key and the it wouldn't let me. That's when I tried another computer

Did you decode the 5 digit pin on the BCM?

Are any of the keys you have After Market?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I got from you already the pin read# ***** & you gave me 9508

Yes, that is the pin that it decodes to. Did you check the nats antenna that goes around the ignition switch?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Its looks like a factory key it had an automatic start alarm that I removed
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I checked power and ground to it.

Did you put all the wires back to factory after you removed it?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did

This has a regular ignition system right? It doesn't have a Intelligent Key type of ignition?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it has an intelligent key

hang on a min please.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok

You did take the mechanical key out and try to program that first right?

That is the complete Intelligent key chapter to help you go through it to isolate your issue.

This may require more advanced checks. This is why I supplied you with this information.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No i did not try the mechanical key

When you go to program keys for these cars you have to program the mechanical keys first, then the remotes.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
oh ok. but the key fob works and i can turn the ignition switch with the fob in the car

When ever I get these situations, I will start from scratch. Program the mechanical keys, and clear and reprogram remotes.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok will do so you want me to remove the mechanical key from from the fob and insert in the switch right
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
any special procedure
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i was also informed that this vehicle ran until the battery went dead and was then replaced and then became an crank no start

See if the mechanical key will turn the ignition. If not then you need to do Steering Lock Release.

That sounds like the Alarm would have done that. The Remote start? When you have a remote start they install a After Market Alarm to control the remote start.

Did you remove everything? or just the remote start?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it does turn the knob switch.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i removed the entire alarm but left it in the car you think i should remove from vehicle

How do you know you removed everything if it's still in the car?

If the mechanical key turns the key to the ON position, Try to program that key

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I threw the alarm system in the back sea.. Its the wiring and a few black control units. My question was should i remove it from the vehicle
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok I will try to program that key first thing tomorrow

I thought you removed it completely. I bet if you remove it completely the car will start.

Normally if you just unplug the main plug to the main after market alarm the car would start. I don't know what wiring you repaired, but at this point I would remove the whole thing completely to eliminate that as part of the problem.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i did remove it completely it all laying in the back seat

The After Market Alarm Harness is back there also?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

As long as you removed the harness and put all the wiring back to factory.

Try to download the information I shared with you and lets try programming the mechanical key tomorrow and see if it takes.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok will do you have a goodnight and will talk to you tomorrow

You too, Have a good night

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hey whats up jay I tried programming mechanical key and it didn't work. I noticed that when I inserted the mechanical with the fob away from the vehicle it wouldn't turn the knob But when I brought the fob back in the car the knob turned

You have to turn the Hazard Lights on and do steering lock release to program the key. Don't have the remote to close by. This way you know when steering lock release has been performed properly

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
oh ok

Try it that way and let me know how you make out

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It fail jay still can't program the key

Then you may need to bring it to the dealer to have it checked. If its a BCM issue, all keys will need to be present so they can be programmed. Also all tire pressure sensors would need to be programmed.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok what I'm going to do first is try a used bcm since my buddy has one & see what happens. I'm probably going to need another pin # am I correct

Yes, you will need another pin decoded

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok im going to try that on Monday & I'll give you the new pin read # or you want me to submit it as a new question

Why don't you come back to this question and I will decode it. So we can close this one out. Then if you still have issues, start another question.

How does that sound?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That sounds good.

Ok.. I will talk to you Monday then.

Have a Happy New Year

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
May you & your family have a wonderful & Blessed New Years

Thank you and your family as well