peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I have a 07 Nissan ud replaced the fuel pressure regulator

Customer Question

I have a 07 Nissan ud replaced the fuel pressure regulator about a month ago truck has been running perfect. It has been sitting since a day before Christmas went to start it today an it's just turning over like it's the regulator again
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check and see if the fuel filter is restricted as it may be blocking fuel flow to the injection pump for the engine to operate.I have seen several fuel filters cause this fault before and had to replace the fuel filter to correct this issue here.If this has already been checked or replaced let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Filter had already been replaced

Do you have any way to check the fault codes to see what codes are set with this issue here at all?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't have any check engine lights on

I would have the fuel system tested.This may be a fault with the fuel injection pump at fault needing replaced.I have seen some of these fail before needing replaced to correct this type of fault here.It may not be producing enough fuel pressure or volume to let the engine start.

If is possible the fuel pressure regulator is the cause but usually this causes a code to set and check engine light to come on.I would have the fault codes checked anyways just in case there is a code set with no lights on on the dash.

Thanks Pete