peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I have a 2002 nissan patrol while towing my van engine went

Customer Question

i have a 2002 nissan patrol while towing my van engine went dead and thick blue smoke came from the exaust there isnt any oil in the water or water inoil . could it be the turbo... and if the motor is gone can i fit another size moter say a4.2 nissan motor
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the turbo is failing or has failed it can cause engine oil to be sucked into the engine causing this fault here.This may also be an issue with piston oil rings that have failed possibly.This will have to be checked into further to locate the cause and from there repaired to correct this fault here.If it needs a new engine it is best to have the same model and size engine installed to replace it as a different engine may require other components like wiring and mounts and possibly even computers to be swapped out which can get expensive.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete