Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

I have a Frontier 2002 crew cab truck and thr left head

Customer Question

I have a Frontier 2002 crew cab truck and thr left head light is not working. Checked fuse in engine compartment Ok. Checked bulb Ok. Checked voltage at engine fuse box does show 12 volts across fuse. Switch checked Ok. What could it be?
Regards,
Chris
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 11 months ago.

hi my name is ***** ***** i can hel with your question

did you check the connector on the back of the bulb they burn out and cause the light to stop working ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How do you check? I tried continuity test in flat position at top by touching interior leads of connector. Left side and middle tested closed. Right side and middle tested open. I do not know if this helps. I did try another working bulb not working. What about the engine compartment fuse (after taking out) with lights turned on no voltage on left side. Right side tested 12 volts. Hope these give you insight.Chris

i just need you to unplug the connector and look at the [art that plug into the bulb to see if the plastic is burnt

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok thanks. I will look at in daylight tomorrow and let you know.Thanks,Chris

ok

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No burnt marks on connector. What about no voltage across 15 amp fuse in engine compartment?Chris

if there is voltage at one end of the fuse ad none at the other the fuse is bad replace it

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I checked the fuses they are ok. There is no voltage at leads for fuse on left side as mentioned in first reply.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Female inserts for fuse are not reading 12 Volts when I hook up meter and have lights on.

Do you have the key on when testing

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
You should know that lights turn on without having your key in ignition. This shouldn't make any difference. I think this is going no where. So I would like a refund. I will have to take it to an expert .