sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a Nissan sentra 1005. I locked my car keys in the

Customer Question

I have a Nissan sentra 1005 . I locked my car keys in the trunk and the trunk switch won't work for some reason. Can I pull down the rear seat to get my car keys?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Yes, you can remove the rear seat to enter the trunk. Keep in mind that you could also have a key cut using the VIN at a dealer or locksmith and that would get you in more easily. Prices will vary depending on where you go, but my dealer charges $10 to cut a simple blade key.

If you decide to go in through the seat then you'll first need to remove the seat base. Grab the front of the base and give a quick, forceful jerk upward and it will pop loose. There is a retainer on each side.

After the seat base is removed then you'll see the bolts that hold the seat back at the bottom. Remove these bolts and then the seat back will be freed.