Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

I have a 2000 maxima 2000. I have replaced the iac and the

Customer Question

Customer: hello, I have a 2000 maxima 2000. I have replaced the iac and the ecm but am unable to make the relearn procedure work. Is there a way to test the new iac? I have worked through the nissan fsm flow chart and still no luck
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes, p0505 code was set with bad idle. checked the ecm and it was burned. ordered ecm from ebay and new aftermarket iac. My neighbor is a nissan mechanic, he took it to the shop for free to use the consult but it would not relearn the idle. I have worked through the fsm and still no luck
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Nissan Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I have worked two days, 20.00 would be very good if you have the magic answers
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just checking, are you still there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All IA Volume Learning conditions were met. Procedure was tried at least 5 times. Step 9 on page EC513 indicates a buzzing should be heard at the iac solenoid valve when the key is switched on, I do not hear this. Procedure indicates if no good, go to step 10, either replace iac or perform IA Volume Learning. I did purchase another new iac from Advance Auto but no sound from it either.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After each Re-Learning, idle remains at 1100 +/-.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry forgot to mention the 2000 maxima is a 3.0L
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

hi my name is ***** ***** i can help with your questions .

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

what did you replace first the ecm or the idle valve ??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I installed new iac but did not plug it in, also installed ecm and mechanic took it to the shop. he plugged in the iac at the shop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
correction, ecm was installed at the shop. then iac was plugged in
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

you did not plug the new ecn in to the old valve ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, the ecm was installed than the new iac was installed.
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

did you check the harness connector at the idle valve to see if it is damage /burnt

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

on this car the idle learn do not matter because the throttle is cable not control be the ecm .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked the iac connector. also checked continuity from the ecm harness to the iac connector, all good
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will be away from my computer until tomorrow, thanks
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

ok