Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My glove box can't open the hang to open is missing. How do

Customer Question

my glove box can't open the hang to open is missing. How do I opened?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What year and Model Nissan is this? Also I am not sure I understand the glove box issue exactly. The lever to open the glove box is broken?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a pathfinder 2006 and the glove box doesn't open because the lever is missing.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. When the lever is missing, it does make it tricky to get the glove box open. Normally what I try to do first is use a pocket screw driver to press in one or both the small latch tabs on the side of the glove box and by pressing them in should release it to open. Once open, then you can take apart the outside lid of the glove box to replace the latch or replace the glove box door assembly.

Do you understand?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried that but it doesn't work, I even broke one of them.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Then the door is most likely going to need to be broken off towards the bottom.

This video is how you change the incabin filter to try to help you on how you may try to get the glove box open

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdk1zmJCDtg

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

You need to bend and pry in the sides where the latches are for them to release to get the glove box to open

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your time. But you were no help. I'm back to where I started. Money spend was not worth, just waisted.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry you feel that way. It is very tricky to get the glove box open when this happens. There really is no tricks. I use a long small flat head screw driver to press in the latches and free one side at a time to get it open normally.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If you can understand the mechanics of the glove box, that normally helps you to get it open.

That latch when pulled ( when it's there ) pulls in this lever that pulls a latch on each side of the glove box to release it.