peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I'm looking at buy a 55 plate Nissan navara and the speedo

Customer Question

Hello I'm looking at buy a 55 plate Nissan navara and the speedo isn't working, is it an easy fix?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If the engine and transmission is running and operating properly with this fault here most likely this is the speedometer itself on the dash at fault and the speedometer will need to be removed and either repaired by an authorized repair center or removed and replaced.If the transmission is shifting poorly as well with this issue here this can be the transmission speed sensor at fault needing replaced.

The cost for repair will vary depending on the fault found.The speed sensor may run around $150 to have replaced and the speedometer being repaired or replaced can run over $300 in some cases.

This will have to be tested further to locate the cause of the fault and then from there repaired to correct this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete