Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

My wife's 2011 Maxima would not start it seems like the

Customer Question

My wife's 2011 Maxima would not start for her it seems like the alternator, but she cant even unlock the car. I wanted to do some research before I went to look at it.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 11 months ago.

Hi there,

If she can't even use the remote to unlock the door, then this is a battery issue. It is possible there is a problem with the alternator, but we have to start by jump starting the car. Leave the donor car on it for about 15 minutes, then try to start it. If once it's started the battery and brake light are lit on the dash, then it's an alternator issue. If not, then the battery should be tested. It's possible it can't hold a charge anymore.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 11 months ago.

Hi there,

just thought I would check on you and see how you made out or if you needed further assistance with this?