Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I replaced the base cd changer in my 05 nissan maxima now

Customer Question

I replaced the base cd changer in my 05 nissan maxima now the navigation screen won't come on and the air stays on
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

These audio units have configurations. When you change them you need to save the configuration with the Nissan Scanner. Then replace it, and then write the configuration to the new one for it to operate properly.

What you are going to need to do is grab your original radio just in case, and go to your local dealer to have them perform a manual configuration on your unit to see if they can get it working. If they can't figure out the configuration, the old radio would need to be installed so that configuration could be saved and written to the new one.

That is what needs to be done to resolve your issue.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Did you have any more questions on this?