Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Jay,I have a nissan navara 2008 with the built in sat nav

Customer Question

Hi jay,I have a nissan navara 2008 with the built in sat nav sometimes the radio works and then it doesn't all the light are on and staion program in and the volume is up cd works fine i to be driving it for an hour or two for the sound comes back its really frustrating.do I have to buy a whole new centre where the radio/heater knobs are.please can you help me☺
Thanks Dan.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When your radio is not producing sound, if you use the CD player will that produce sound

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi yes I get sound fine as soon as I put the cd player on.
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Then that is a internal issue with the Radio and the radio would either need to be replaced or sent out for repair. That is actually one of the tests I do to determine if's the radio. The CD player is a different channel in the radio operation. So if the CD player works and plays sounds and the radio does not, that verifies it's the radio I am afraid.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!