Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Red light signalling no key, but can access the locks to get

Customer Question

Red light signalling no key, but can access the locks to get in the car.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Remove the mechanical key from your remote and use that to lock and unlock the car. Then enter the vehicle and let me know what it is doing?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The yellow key light is on and the red indicated is flashing.. We are not near the car.
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Oh.. Do you recall if the steering wheel is locked?

When will you be by the car so some checks can be done?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can move the steering wheel. We can get to the car, about a mile but would lose this connection.
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

When you go to the car, give this a try. It sounds like you are dealing with a Steering lock failure issue.

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Give that a try, and return back and let me know how you made out

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

The lower cover was removed in the video to show you it's location. You may not need to remove the cover to tap it with a hammer. You just need to get under the dash and tap at it.

But to remove that panel, you have to pop the side panel off. Then once that is off, when you remove the fuse box cover there is a screw there that you would remove. Then you would pull the cover off. Just watch cause you have wiring and connectors going to the items on that cover.

If you can access the steering lock control unit with out removing it, that would be best.

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!