Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

My name is ***** *****: My problem is my Nissan Altima 2006

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** Brooks: My problem is my Nissan Altima 2006 key will not unlock the car door, but it will turn as if it were unlocking he door and my trunk will not open when I try to open it from inside the car also the key will not unlock the glove compartment
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yesterday I locked the key in the car Pop a lock open the car for me to get my key. Went to work locked the car, when I got off from work the key would not unlock the door, it would turn, but not unlock the door. call pop a lock again to get inside the car, once in the I tried to unlock the glove compartment with the key would not turn, I tried to open the trunk from inside the car it would not open. This morning when I tried to start the caf the battery was dead, had to get a jump.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Nissan Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

If the key does not turn in the door lock or trunk, either those lock cylinders are seized from not being used, or the ignition has been replaced which new keys come with the ignition and the keys for the door and trunk were discarded.

If you give me your vin number I can give you your key code so you can go to a Locksmith to have a key made to see if it works in the drivers door or trunk. If you have the same results, then you know the issue is those lock cylinders. If it does open the trunk and lock and unlock the door, then you know you have a different key for those items.

Let me get your vin so I can get you your key code

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The key those turn in the door but, it want unlock and pertaining to the trunk their is not a key entry. The trunk will not open when you use the button from inside the car. Also as I stated the key will not unlock the glove the compartment. Is it a possibility that it could be the alarm system that may have cause the anti theft system to malfunction.
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

If the key turns in the drivers door, try using WD-40 in the lock cylinder and try working the key back and forth and see if you can get it to turn both directions.

When you insert the key into the glove box, the key normally does not go in all the way. Did you try inserting the the key and turning it ?

Does the glove box open ? ( No it's not part of the security system )

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no, I'm not paying another $18 dollars for a phone conversation. I'm not satisfied with the response that I'm receiving. So, as previously stated if your not satisfied you would not charge me for this.
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

That is a automated response. Sorry about that. Do you wish to continue?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no, I do not want to continue.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How do I cancel my Credit card?
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

I put you in for a refund