Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

2006 nissan sentra 4 cyl. oriellys

Customer Question

2006 nissan sentra 4 cyl. oriellys
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What is actually your question about your 2006 Nissan Sentra?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had code po335-725 changed crankshaft sensor. Car starts but takes a extra 2 seconds to start. Took it to get gas and it wouldn't start for 5 minutes. Took it home and wouldn't start for a few minutes. when its been sitting for awhile, I can turn it of and on. One time it wouldn't start. Another time it took 3 cranks. right now it started with that extra 2 second delay
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.. When you use After Market electrical parts they never work right. It does exactly what you are saying. You need to get the sensor from the dealer. It is extremely common for after market electrical parts not to fix a problem but make you think something else is wrong and make you spend more money on parts you don't need that also don't work.

Getting a Crank Sensor from the dealer will resolve your issue.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I spent $140 at the dealer and that didn't work. Still have the same code po335. It starts sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. The last time I tried to crank it, it felt like it wanted to turn over, but it didn't. Now what?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Now we check to see if the engine is in time. Do you know how to do that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nope
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

We need to put the engine at TDC and see if all the timing marks show it's all lined up.

If it jumped a tooth or 2, this could be why you are getting the Crank Sensor code and why it is not starting.

hang on a min. I will also share the diagnostic steps for this code as well