Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

My trip meter keeps resetting and my turn signal lights and

Customer Question

My trip meter keeps resetting and my turn signal lights and hi beam as well as door chim all stopped working on 2015 juke on 6,000 miles
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 12 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Has the car ever been in a accident or a flood? Did all of this just happen out of the blue?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No I was hooking up a hot wire in fuse box. And no car is 2015
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Several things stopped working
Expert:  Jay replied 12 months ago.

ok.. What were you hooking up exactly?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
A 3 way lighter plug so it would be hot all time
Expert:  Jay replied 12 months ago.

yikes... Ok.. Did you check all fuses with a test light?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
under hood and inside
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have no dinging should when set belt not hook up as well as no sound from blinkers but they work out side
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Blinkers work outside but don't show on dash
Expert:  Jay replied 12 months ago.

You used a test light to check all fuses with the key in the ON position correct? All fuses are good and getting power? You found none blown?

Give me the exact list of everything not work.

1. Blinkers

2. Chime

3. High Beams

4. Trip automatically reset on restart

What else? When you check the fuses for the high beams, were they getting power?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
1 blinkers not showing on dash
2 same with hazard
3 high beam want show on dash
4 seatbelt warning
5 door chime
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
6 trip meter want stay set resets when car is turned off
Expert:  Jay replied 12 months ago.

Does blinkers work outside the car even though they don't show they are working inside the car?

Does the high beams work but the indicator just doesn't come on in the meter?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
All the lights work but don't show on dash
Expert:  Jay replied 12 months ago.

Well if you checked all fuses with a test light with the key in the ON position and you checked the fuse box inside the car and the 2 fuse boxes under the hood, you are most likely looking at a control unit that has been damaged.

The BCM is a very strong possiblity as well as the cluster assembly. Some things you state are not working are BCM controlled, and some are functions of the Meter assembly.

How good are you at electrical? Cause this is going to get more involved to isolate the issue and will require a scanner to monitor signals from these control units.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The hidden fuse box under the air duck had some fuses that were not hot at all
Expert:  Jay replied 12 months ago.

Did you see what they were labeled?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I did not write them down
Expert:  Jay replied 12 months ago.

Can you please go double check? Take your time. No rush. I need all fuse information, it's very important with your issues. So far it looks like you most likely damaged the BCM ( Body Control Module ) and starting to look like a Cluster assembly as well. But you want to do one at a time.

So please let me know what fuses are not getting power. If they are high beam head light fuses, turn the high beams on and then recheck the fuses for power.

Expert:  Jay replied 12 months ago.

I have been looking through wiring diagrams, when you turn the blinkers on, even though they don't show on the cluster, do you hear them clicking?

Also, does the hazards work on the dash when you turn them on?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No there is no sound on them or hazard
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
they work outside
Expert:  Jay replied 12 months ago.

This sounds more like it could be a cluster issue. The cluster has it's own internal CPU. Since the blinkers are working but not showing, that points to the cluster even more.

You will need to replace the cluster assembly to start. This normally would be under warranty but since you were running your own wiring and most likely caused damage to it, they may not cover it.

What I would do is remove any after market wiring you may have, and take it to the dealer and try. What do you have to loose by trying? The worst they can say is no and you pay for it.

The cluster assembly is around 700 bucks plus 50 bucks to have the mileage burned into it. Plus 1 hour labor..

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!