Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

2001 maxima 3000 V6 isn't running right. Buddy of mine had a

Customer Question

2001 maxima 3000 V6 isn't running right. Buddy of mine had a code reader that we plugged in. The only code it spit out was p0300, random misfire. I am pulling the coil packs and checking them now, but I would like to get ahead of this thing. If you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What brand spark plugs did you install?

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Also, did you change the spark plugs and air filter to correct this code? or did you get this code after you did the work?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
L air filters changed before the spark plugs just because it needed it. The spark plugs that are installed or Bosch Platinum. + 2.
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Thank you.. These engines Don't like Bosch spark plugs. You ask any Nissan tech, they are actually the worst plugs you can install on these cars.

These engines were designed to use NGK's. If you use any other brand spark plugs, especially Bosch, you will get misfire codes and it can run poorly. So you need to start by putting NGK platinum plugs in the car. That should resolve your issue.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Okie dokie. I'll switch 'em out. Then do one or the other as per your instructions.
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

You want to simply make sure you change all the spark plugs to NGK platinum plugs. Then clear your code and you should be all set

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!