Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I have a 1998 Nissan Pathfinder. Just had the fuel pump

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Nissan Pathfinder. Just had the fuel pump replaced. Was running fine. Today it is running rough i.e., somewhat sputtering when accelerating etc. Also, the check engine light used to be on all the time...now it's flashing.
New transmission 4 years ago. I'm looking for the paperwork....I can't remember if they changed the fuel filter b/c is was leaking or the fuel pump b/c it was leaking.
When you step on the gas.....it doesn't accelerate properly.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

If the check engine light is flashing that is a sign of a multi cylinder miss fire. Which if it happened out of the blue is normally a distributor issue. The distributor has the cam sensor built into it and if that sensor fails you can get P300, P1320 or P340 codes.

I would have the truck scanned to see what codes you have. Also keep in mind, when the check engine light is flashing you can do engine damage.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you are satisfied with my help please Rate me. I hope that I have provided you with excellent service.

Thanks Jay

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would it help to try adding any fuel additives to the system to see if it helps by cleaning anything out?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

You can try, but if it is a distributor issue, they won't help.