Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

I have a 1997 nissan maxima gle. after starting it and idle

Customer Question

I have a 1997 nissan maxima gle . after starting it and idle for approximately 15 minute it stalls also it stalls at a stop light. i have replace the throthle control sensor. what is my course of action
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

hi my name is ***** ***** i can help with your questions

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

this sounds like you have a bad idle control valve. the valve burn out and can also cause damage to the ecm you need to start be replacing the idle control valve if you remove the valve and it is bunt and replacing it do not fix the problem you will also need to replace the ecm . if you have any more questions please ask . if not please rate the service be fore you go thanks .