Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

I have an 06 Xterra. Recently I have been hearing a knocking

Customer Question

Hi Mike. I have an 06 Xterra. Recently I have been hearing a knocking sound coming from behind/underneath my glove box. It seems to be associated with my heat. It knocks when I first start the car then the knocking stops shortly after, maybe 20 seconds of knocking. If I push the re-circulation button, it seems to stop the knocking. It will also knock if I turn it to defrost. Any ideas?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 12 months ago.

hi my name clfi and i can help with your questions

the noise your getting the coming from ether the mode door motor or the air mix door motor

where is a pic of the location of the motors you can listen to the noise to hear what area it is coming from that replace that motor

if you have any more questions please ask , if not please rate the service before you go thanks.