Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

2006 Nissan titan not blowing heat. whats else can it be

Customer Question

2006 Nissan titan not blowing heat. whats else can it be besides the water control valve??
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

assuming the blower works and is blowing air, its just not hot. Then it could be a blocked heater core, a faulty air mix door, or even a thermostat if the engine never warms up.

Really depends on if there is any other symptoms like any clicking when you turn hit to cold or if the engne temp gauge never warms up.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it blows kinda warm when idling, but on test drive about 5 miles it will all of sudden stop blowing warm and blows cold.
the actuator on drivers side makes noise when switcing defrost setttings. ive ruled out the water bypass valve, took it off and used hose directly see if i got any heat that way. didnt make a difference. do you got dash removal steps in case its the air mix door, i believe it is located at the top center area.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

i can definately get you the info, but we really need to exchange meail for that since you need multiple pages of information for this process.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok..my email is***@******.***....however i flushed heater core and it didnt help much. so i believe it has to be the air mix door, engine warms up good and both hoses going in and out are hot. is there a shortcut to access it or will whole dash need come out?
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Just accept the offer, so the site credits me for the information I am going to send.

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Are you still interseted in the information? let me know please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry I apologize, theres an issue with payment threw the site here, got email from Maureen customer support something about declined or locked error message. but however I don't need the steps I got dash out and found the issue. I do thank you!
hopefully can get my account issue resolved for future use.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Glad you got it resolved! A truck without heat can be miserable indeed!