Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question
The air bag light is caused by the OCS indicator being unplugged while you tested the radio. That is not a problem to clear. I will provide you with those steps in a few.
The dash lights is what i want to focus on. Did you connect any of the factory illumination wires up to the new radio?
If you had the Base audio system, on the factory side of the radio install kit has a Red wire and a Green wire. Those are the illumination wires. Nothing should be hooked up to those 2 wires.
Here is the steps to clear the air bag light.
1. Turn ignition switch from Off to On
2. Air Bag warning lamp will illuminate for 7 seconds solid, then it turns off. When it turns off turn off the ignition switch with in 1 second.
3. Keep ignition switch off for 3 seconds
4. repeat steps 1 to 3 two times.
5. The Air Bag light should flash in a different pattern. Once it does, do steps 1 to 3 two more times, and the air bag light should clear
What are the factory color wires you have for your Radio. This may be easier to figure out over the phone. Would that be something you are interested in?
Do you know if you had the Base Audio system on your truck?
When you install a after market radio, you don't hook up the illumination wires cause the after market radio has it's own illumination controls. Normally if the illumination wire or wires are hooked up, that can knock out the dash lights.
Try unplugging the radio if you can and then turn the lights on and see if the dash lights come on. If they do, then you know the illumination wires are hooked up to something causing your issue.
Give that a try and let me know how you make out