Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

A few months ago I installed a brand new battery on my

Customer Question

A few months ago I installed a brand new battery on my Nissan Altima, yesterday my car completely died when I turned it off. I jiggled the little black box on the batteries positive charge and power came back. Now every time I shut the car off the power goes out and I have to jiggle the black box. What should I do take it to a dealership or any mechanic?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Any mechanic should be able to address this issue for you. It's likely either corroded or loose and needs to be tightened up or replaced. You shouldn't be able to move the cable. If the cable has to be replaced it is best to use the factory part, but even the dealer would likely have to order it.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!