Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

2008 nissan altima 2.5L gauges do not work until engine warm

Customer Question

2008 nissan altima 2.5L gauges do not work until engine warm and heat in car is warm. gauges come back individually at different times with the tach always being last. any thoughts
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

None of the gauges work when cold?..not 1?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
none of them work at first, but one by one the gauges come back as the car warms up.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Does the information center in the center show the mileage and work when cold? or does that not show anything either?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that actually works
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Your issue is something internal of the actual Cluster assembly. Since the Mileage works and the gauges eventually work, that tells me that the cluster is circuit is good and something is going on with the clusters internal processor. The meter has it's own control unit and processor for cluster operation.

Replacing the whole cluster assembly will resolve your issue.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!