Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Jay I am having infrequent cranking problems with my 2005

Customer Question

Hi Jay I am having infrequent cranking problems with my 2005 Armada. I have changed the battery. its even worse on cold mornings
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When you say you are having infrequent cranking problems do you mean sometimes the engine does not turn over? Please give me a little more details on this please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The engine acts as if he wants to catch. This morning it took me 15 mins to get my truck started. I turned on the ignition nothing about 10 times, u can hear a clicking like the starter is trying. Then it almost wants to crank, but doesn't. So I leave it alone for about 5 mins go bsvk to try and it makes sound like it's trying to catch then I try one last time and it still hestitant but it finally starts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It almost like trying to start it after u have ran out of gas.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Does it give you a single click when you try to start it? Rapid clicking? does the engine turn over and not start? or nothing happens when you try to start it?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello?