Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

2006 Nissan titan blower would only work on med speed only

Customer Question

2006 Nissan titan blower would only work on med speed only then 2 months later it quit completely & no fan at all plus a mild smell of a burnt wire or something was present. What would be your best guess to replace?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Does the truck have auto climate control or manual?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has manual climate control. Can we change email to***@******.*** for responses from you? Thanks
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I am not sure how the email would be changed. You likely had to set up an account, you can go in there and change it.

Based on what is happening with the truck, I suspect the blower switch is the problem. The blower itself would not be the issue or shouldn't be as it would only run on #2 setting. The blower resistor is bypassed when it fails so the blower would only run on full speed and not #2.

So, shooting from the hip without testing the likely and logic problem from here would be the switch itself.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!