Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

2007nissan titan cranks but wont start

Customer Question

2007nissan titan cranks but wont start
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Hey there, did the vehicle stall while driving? is the service engine soon light on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Stalled while driving. Service engine light is on when key is,on. Security light is,off. I swapped the ecu relay with fog light relay as well.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Do you know what code you have? Did it just shut down like your turned the key off? or start running poorly and finally bog out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Driving along and gave it gas. Bogged down but still idled. Stopped at a red light and turned key off and back on to reset electronics possibly. Would not start. Just turns over
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Thanks last questions before some suggestions.

Do you know what code(s) you have?

When the key is in the ON position does the condensor fan come on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Condensor fan not on and I haven't had it checked for codes yet
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** of the more common issues we see on these trucks aside from the ECM relay are cam sensor failures and also fuel pump failures. Now the cam sensors usually throw a code, but the pumps will only throw a code for the sender and not the pump itself. So if the fuel gauge is acting normally its probably not that.

Lastly the MAF sensors can cause bogging and stalling issues on these trucks as well. You can try unplugging it and seeing if the truck starts. Don't rev the engine if it starts, just shut it off and plug the MAF back in. That will let us know the MAF is likely bad and causing it to load up on fuel.

So realistically you need to get the code read first, if it is a cam sensor code then get a DEALER cam sensor. I have seen tons of people get a cam sensor from an auto parts store and they sell you a crank sensor (looks the same) but won't work because of the resistances differences in the two parts. This causes people to chase their tails for no reason.

So let me know please.

Expert:  Jake replied 12 months ago.

Did you still need assistance?